DELITHIATION OF CARBON FREE OLIVINE BY ADDITION OF CARBON
Patent No. PCT/IB2017/057971
Montserrat Galceran (CIC energiGUNE), Montse Casas-Cabanas (CIC energiGUNE), Michel Armand (CIC energiGUNE), Abdelbast Guerfi (Hydro Quebec) and Karim Zaghib (Hydro Quebec)
The researchers at CIC energiGUNE and Hydro-Quebec have developed a process for the delithiation of carbon-free olivine by the addition of carbon in the presence of an oxidizing agent such as persulfates.
- Improvement of the electronic conductivity by any source of carbon.
- Upscaled and cost-effective synthesis of heterosite FePO4.
- Non-Critical raw materials.
- FePO4 could be used in semi-solid flow cells.
Application of the technology
- Stationary energy storage applications.